The Bay Commitment Scholarship was established by the Bay Area Community Foundation to investigate the long-term viability and funds required for an educational promise program in Bay County.
Students applying for these scholarships must meet the following criteria:
• Be a first-generation student (neither parent nor legal guardian has obtained a Bachelors Degree)
• Have been a resident of Bay County for 6 years
• Have attended Bay County high school/s for 4 years
• Meet all high school graduation requirements and receive a diploma from a Bay County high school by June 2014
• Attend either Delta College or Saginaw Valley State University full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) in the fall of 2014
• Submit a scholarship application and essay to Bay Area Community Foundation by March 3, 2014.
Scholarship recipients will be announced in May 2014, and will be presented with the scholarship at an awards ceremony to be held May 20th, 2014 at the Scottish Rite Consistory.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Bay Commitment Scholarship, students must complete the Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarship Application (which will become available on December 1st, 2013). Make sure the Bay Commitment Scholarship is selected.
Please review all of the Bay Area Community Foundation’s scholarships. The Bay Commitment Scholarship is likely not the only scholarship which you qualify for. Click here to view all Bay Area Community Foundation Scholarships.