Types of Giving
Each individual, family, or organization we work with has unique charitable interests and financial circumstances. We help you make the most of both, so you receive the greatest return on your community investment. The Bay Area Community Foundation offers a variety of giving methods tailored to your unique situation.
- Outright Gift You can make a gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, or other assets to the Bay Area Community Foundation. Your charitable gift qualifies for tax advantage under federal law.
- Bequest by Will You can designate a gift or portion of your estate to the Bay Area Community Foundation and in some cases receive a substantial deduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
- Charitable Gift Annuity You can make a gift of cash or property to the Bay Area Community Foundation now, get immediate tax benefits, and ensure that you or a loved one receive fixed quarterly or annual income payments for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust You can place cash or property in a trust that pays annual income to you (or another named beneficiary) for life. After your death, the remainder of the trust transfers to the Bay Area Community Foundation and is placed into a charitable fund you have selected. Your receive income tax benefits the year you establish your trust.
- Charitable Lead Trust You can place cash or property into a trust that pays a fixed amount to the Bay Area Community Foundation for the number of years you select. Once this period ends, the assets held by the trust are transferred to the beneficiaries you name. In some cases, you recieve a substantial reduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
- Beneficiary Designation You can make the Bay Area Community Foundation a full or partial beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement account (401(k) or IRA). It’s an easy way to make a legacy gift without modifying your estate plan. Upon your death, your gift is placed into the charitable fund of your choosing.
Thank you for selecting the Bay Area Community Foundation to fulfill your charitable wishes. It is only through your generosity that the Bay Area Community Foundation can continue to meet the future needs of our community.
For more information about other ways of giving, please contact Eileen A. Curtis, President & CEO at 989-893-4438.